About the service
Our home improvement agency service is here to offer you peace of mind to support your independent living. We are based in Brockham and are contracted by the District Councils of Reigate & Banstead, Mole Valley and Tandridge. Our service is available to anyone living in these Council areas.
We provide practical help to create safe, warm and accessible homes; we work closely with the county Occupational Therapists teams to assist older people and people with disabilities adapt their homes.
We offer advice and practical help to people who need reliable professionals to carry out work to adapt their home. We can:
- Help with identifying the work required to adapt, repair or improve a customer’s home.
- Help with Disabled Facilities Grant applications for adaptation works; our case workers carry out checks for eligibility for Council Grants.
- Help homeowners with accessing funding and arranging for small works and essential repairs to their home in line with criteria set by the council.
- Our Technical Officers design, arrange labour and monitor the quality of work carried out by experienced and approved contractors. All works are subject to final check for both suitability and quality before submission to the Councils for payment.
- Assist with Housing Options –practical help and information about moving home and what housing options are available to meet needs. The advice and support given is free, although costs will be incurred for services such as removal companies, solicitors, etc. The service may be able to access funding or grants to help you with these costs.
- In partnership with Reigate & Banstead and Mole Valley District Councils we also offer a Handyman Service for all eligible residents in these areas. This is a subsidised service offering a mixed variety of trades at affordable rates to assist with urgent repairs and small alterations making daily living easier for our residents.
We can also help with privately-funded adaptations for homeowners and offer an in house option for shower and access works, using our own highly skilled and proven workforce of installers improving both quality and speed of delivery.
Choose your local Authority for area specific guidance:
Customer services opening hours:
8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
The Old Crumpet Factory
16 Brockham Lane
Tel: 03301 243 758
Operations Manager: Bob Frisk
Send us your feedback
Your feedback is vitally important in helping us to improve.
If you wish to make a comment on the service, raise a concern or make a complaint please speak to a member of staff at your local service centre.
Alternatively, you can visit our Feedback page for more information on how to send us your feedback or click the button below to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Customer Satisfaction Survey